Hiring Organization / Company: Believe
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Believe is above all a passion for music, tech, and digital marketing, shared by over 1,500 talented people in 50 countries. It is a visionary and entrepreneurial spirit that drives us and makes us a world leader in the digital distribution of music.
Believe is a tribe of experts who successfully meet the challenges of the transformation of our music industry every day. It’s an adventure, a human adventure, and one that is propitious and stimulating for all of us.
Finally, Believe is a story that began in 2005 and that we must continue to narrate, now, and with you. Believe's mission is to develop labels and artists in the most suitable way, at each stage of their career and development. In all local markets around the world. With respect, expertise, fairness and transparency.
Our mission is to provide the best distribution services for independent labels and artists with passion, innovation, care, and transparency.
As a trademarketing specialist you will work with a portfolio of key digital retail partners and and help coordinate with our international offices on front-line marketing initiatives for our extensive new release schedule and catalogue. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Trade Marketing for the region. Experience in Digital Marketing and digital retail promotion across streaming platforms and mobile is integral to the role. In addition, a strong focus on educating the team, plus Label Managers on best practices, strategy and the evolution of platforms that fall under their responsibility.
1. Digital Retail marketing and promotion :
- Help coordinate with our international offices on front-line marketing initiatives for our extensive new release schedule and catalogue.
- Develop and grow the relationships with retailers, and explore ways to further our catalogue visibility.
- Ensure that key retailers are aware of priority releases, both local and international releases.
- Develop strong knowledge on key play lists and how to ensure promotion within these play lists.
- Creation of weekly newsletter to digital service partners that highlight new signings, key new catalogue promotions and key release updates.
2. Internal Process:
- Work closely with Head of Trade Marketing to ensure Trade Marketing strategy is adhered to on a local level, with a strong attention to internal processes.
- Optimising promotional information that is available and ensuring our releases receive strong coverage.
- Attend and contribute to weekly International Call.
- Attend one on one meetings with label managers for strategy meetings on key releases.
- Excellent knowledge of the current music market landscape and trends.
- A keen and creative interest in digital technologies and digital marketing opportunities.
- The ability to work to deadlines and work under pressure.
- The ability to multi task, prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work alone and be pro-active
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly nature and good interpersonal skills.
- A passionate, diligent self-starter.
- A genuine passion to work in the music industry.
Believe strongly promotes equal treatment regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, martial or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies.
Job Location Information:
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
- You may also interested for the following jobs:
- Editorial & Marketing Partnerships Specialist South Africa Jobs
- Jobs Vacancies in Believe