Hiring Organization / Company: Bic
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability, and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Employee must be able to perform highly skilled electrical maintenance, electrical installation, electrical repairs and troubleshooting work involved with production equipment. Electrical work may be performed on a number of Areas including heating, Refrigeration, lighting, plug points, generators and production machinery. Work involves technical application of electrical principles.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
DUTIES AND TASKS
- Installs, services and repairs light fixtures electrical panels outlets wiring.
- Operates power hand tools and other specialized electrical equipment
- Installs, repairs and services specialized electrical equipment and machinery
- Maintains service equipment
- Read electrical circuit diagrams
- Installation and commissioning of new injection moulding and assembly machine and equipment.
- Installs conductors, spicing cables, builds terminations and does necessary hook ups for power supplies.
- Lays new electrical lines for new machinery.
- Fault finding
- Replacement of electrical components no longer working
- Inspection measuring testing and or replacing of thermocouples, heating elements, transducers, wiring of 3 phase motors ect.
- Maintenance of DB boards, electrical control panels and LT – Rooms
KEY PERFOMANCE INDICATORS
- Occupational health and safety must follow all local legal legislation
- Time keeping
- Accurate and timely completion of all work
- All work to be completed in accordance with South African compliance
QUALIFICATIONS and experience
- Matric / Grade 12
- Trade Test Certificate Red Seal as Electrician
- N6 Electrical Certificate.
- Must hold valid Wireman’s license.
- PLC Programming and Electronics experience related is a positive.
PREVIOUS/ PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Must have COC
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize
- Ability to work in a team and take direction from management.
- Must have trade papers
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job Location Information:
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng