Hiring Organization / Company: Sdk Agencies
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
To lead and support procurement in sourcing, negotiating and buying of packaging, raw materials and services to meet the Company’s operational requirements.
- Analysis of packaging and raw material as well as ensuring conformity to specification.
- Ensure PO’s are placed on time with correct price to support production needs.
- Prepare and control all export logistics for all shipments through sea freight, road and airfreight.
- Tracking of material and packaging delivery to ensure OTD.
- Continuously to build, review and maintain supplier database.
- Problem solving when defective material and packaging are received and act with speed to ensure a resolution
- Provide feedback to the shop floor on material and packaging related quality issues
- Supplier performance management and auditing.
- Negotiate rates and maintain all system information.
- Attend Production meetings and give feedback on
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with team members and suppliers
- Negotiation skills to work with suppliers and make better deals for the company
- An understanding of purchase order software platforms (SAP/ Palladium etc.)
- Good attention to detail to ensure all purchase orders are accurate
- Ability to work with a team
- Very detail orientated and technical skills needed.
- Able to develop and introduce systems and ensure continuous improvement
Tertiary qualification in Procurement or similar
Experience in Buyer/Procurement position within a manufacturing/ production environment
Has experience in buying packaging and raw material
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Location Information:
Location: Midrand, Gauteng
Date Posted: 2021-05-04