Hiring Organization / Company: Traut Personnel
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
A sought after opportunity for a very experienced, highly skilled Ladieswear Patternmaker to do both MANUAL and COMPUTERISED (GERBER) patterns.
· A skilled worker that can create Manual Paper Patterns as well as Electronic Patterns on Gerber.
· Broad knowledge of pattern making in every category is key – Ladies Dresses, evening gowns, Jackets, Coats, Pants, Skirts, Blouses etc.
· Interpret the designer’s detailed brief and construct a pattern
· Ability to accurately trace off from Overseas samples and make required adjustments to the traced pattern
· Creating and maintaining a master pattern library that enables quick referencing to speed up patternmaking process
· Need to think out of the box when it comes to simplifying construction but keeping the same look – for a better price and easier for production
· Knowledge of an array of fabric when it comes to the stretch and shrinkage reactions
· Able to adjust on the pattern according to the reaction of fabric and knowledge of grading
· Work closely with the seamstress on easier construction and ensure quality is up to standard
· Need to give all spec measurements on pattern line sheet e.g. Lengths of elastic, zips, binding, trims, belt length etc.
· Fit all styles with Designer and/or Garment Technologist and process all pattern alterations required
· Measure all garments for fit submissions and complete the relevant data sheets
· Once style is fit approved for sealing, and pattern is graded need to check the graded nest before bulk is cut
· Need to sort out any problems with production with regards to the pattern, construction and measurements that may incur, but should be avoided
· Diploma in Clothing Design / Patternmaking
· Manual as well as Gerber Accunest / Lectra Computerised pattern making experience is advantageous
· Minimum 5 – 7 years Clothing Manufacturing Patternmaking experience
· Worked in a design centre / manufacturer supplying major retail chain stores would be advantageous
· Understanding of Customer Body Measurement charts and how this affects the fit of the garment
· Basic mathematical skills (ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals, ability to apply concept of basic geometry)
· Strong technical knowledge required in pattern and garment construction
· Sewing and construction knowledge
· Time Management skills
· Communication skills
· Work well under pressure
· Team Player
· Be able to interpret a design concept and put it on cardboard
· Detail orientated
This is an EE opportunity. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Position located in Cape Town. Call Gabi Traut on 083 274 5193.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location Information:
City: Cape Town
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
- You may also interested for the following jobs:
- Patternmaker (manual & Computerised) – Cape Town New! Jobs
- Jobs Vacancies in Traut Personnel