Hiring Organization / Company: Amazon Dev Centre South Africa
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- 5+ years experience in Software Development and 2+ years as a Development Manager.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience leading and working in an agile development environment
- Ability to hire and grow a team of high-performing Engineers
It’s always Day 1 at Amazon. As AWS’ regional footprint and service portfolio continues to expand, we are continuously evolving the way we build and operate our services.
Lead a team of Engineers that builds and operates services that help secure all EC2 APIs. This is an exciting, high-leverage space where you and your team will get to engage and work with teams across AWS.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for shaping your teams vision and crafting a roadmap. You will use your proven technical skills to support and guide your team in their engineering efforts. You will use your experience and judgement to establish priorities and successfully manage deliverables in an agile environment. You will utilize your verbal and written communication skills to represent your team with stakeholders and leadership and to influence in other areas.
Hiring and career growth is an important part of Amazon culture, and you will be in the driving seat to help grow and develop talent in your team.
- Ability to maintain high quality and operational excellence
- Experience building and managing large volume and high throughput distributed systems in large-scale distributed Linux environments
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services or other cloud providers
Job Location Information:
City: Cape Town
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Date Posted: 2021-05-04