Hiring Organization / Company: Shortlisted Job Shop
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The Cape Town branch of a national retailer requires a Warehouse Manager to oversee all operations in their Paarden Eiland facility. The person needs to have experience in a large Warehouse, where they have managed all functions of dispatch and receiving, staff management, housekeeping, stock control and especially because customers collect directly from the Warehouse, complaints and customer care.
- Monitor and oversee the receiving and dispatching processes
- Plan and oversee the process of picking and packing of stock to ensure accuracy and sufficient space for storage of stock.
- Facilitate the process of cycle counting of stock using Kerridge.
- Manage the bi-annual stock counts
- Ensure all breakages are processed and disposed of as per procedure
- Manage day to day administration and management of staff
- Ensure that all aspects of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are adhered to in terms of fire equipment, PPE, stacking and general safety in the warehouse and yard
- Daily opening and closing of the warehouse
- Attend to customer complaints
- Ensure Customer Service is maintained at the highest possible level.
- Manage costs and usage of warehouse consumables.
· Minimum Grade 12 and a 3-year tertiary or similar relevant qualification
· 5 – 10 years Warehouse working experience in the FMCG / Wholesale industry with at least 5 years’ experience at a Management level
· Working knowledge of inventory management ERP software - Kerridge knowledge and experience advantageous.
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity and the ability to manage and motivate employees
· Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
· Above average MS Office skills
- Ability to work under pressure and according to tight deadlines.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Excellent timekeeping, work ethic and attendance record
- Willing to work extended trading times, weekends and public holidays
Suitable applicants must demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities
- Warehousing and stock control methods and procedures
- Health and safety regulations.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Able to work in a pressurized environment
- Attention to detail
Salary is from R40000 per month, and the position is available immediately
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: R40,000.00 - R45,000.00 per month
- Warehouse Management: 5 years (Required)
- Diploma (Required)
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Location Information:
City: Cape Town
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape